Newsweek and The Daily Beast have put out their annual list of America’s best public high schools. See which cities are home to the top 25 schools that made the grade.
25. Corbett, Ore.: Corbett School
24. Bellevue, Wash.: International School
23. Jacksonville, Fla.: The Paxon School for Advanced Studies
22. North Charleston, S.C.: Academic Magnet
21. Hackensack, N.J.: Bergen County Academies
20. Freehold, N.J.: Biotechnology
19. Cypress, Calif.: Oxford Academy
18. Westlake, Texas: Westlake Academy
17. Greensboro, N.C.: Early College at Guilford
16. Richmond, Va.: Maggie L. Walker Governor’s School for Government and International Studies
15. Osprey, Fla.: Pine View School
14. Irving, Texas: Uplift Education North Hills Preparatory School
13. Houston, Texas: Andrew Carnegie Vanguard
12. Miami, Fla.: School for Advanced Studies
11. Buffalo, N.Y.: City Honors School at Fosdick-Masten Park
10. Alexandria, Va.: Thomas Jefferson for Science and Technology
9. Riviera Beach, Fla.: Suncoast Community
8. Jacksonville, Fla.: Stanton College Preparatory School
7. Evansville, Ind.: Signature School
6. Birmingham, Ala.: Jefferson County International Baccalaureate School
5. Tucson, Ariz.: Basis Tucson
4. Dallas, Texas: School of Science and Engineering Magnet
3. Scottsdale, Ariz.: Basis Scottsdale
2. Dallas, Texas: The School for the Talented and Gifted Magnet
1. Bowling Green, Ky.: The Gatton Academy of Mathematics and Science in Kentucky
Check out the full list at www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/features/2012/americas-best-high-schools.html.
The views expressed are not those of this company or its affiliated companies. Please note by clicking on "Post" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms.
No email address was supplied by
To complete your registration on this site, please supply an address.
Please confirm or modify the email address to which you will have subscription offers sent.
For a more personalized experience, please supply the following optional information.