Colorado Springs
70° F
Mostly Cloudy
Mostly Cloudy

2 boys found unconscious died of overheating

Published On: Jan 08 2013 06:52:19 PM CST

Mesa County coroner's officials say two boys who were found unconscious after they were left in their mother's SUV in November died of hyperthermia, or overheating.
Coroner's officials said Tuesday that the deaths of 2-year-old William Jensen and 4-year-old Tyler Jensen were ruled accidental.
The Daily Sentinel reports that according to a search warrant affidavit, the boys' mother, Heather Jensen, called 911 on Nov. 27 and said William had no pulse, while Tyler was "gurgling" with every breath.
William died at the scene. Tyler died later at a hospital in Aurora.
The affidavit says Heather Jensen allegedly told investigators that after the boys played in snow near Powderhorn Ski Resort, she left them in her SUV with the engine running while she met with a male friend.


The views expressed are not those of this company or its affiliated companies. Please note by clicking on "Post" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms.

blog comments powered by Disqus