Colorado Springs
59° F
Light Thunderstorms with Small Hail
Light Thunderstorms with Small Hail

Apartment fire displaces Greeley residents

Published On: Dec 25 2012 07:41:45 AM CST
GREELEY, Colo. -

Greeley officials say five residents of an apartment complex were forced to leave their home and one man was injured because of a fire that was caused by people cooking on Christmas Eve.

The Greeley Fire Department says the fire started Monday afternoon when a gas line in one of the kitchens broke when residents pulled their oven away from the wall. The four units of the apartment complex had heavy smoke damage. The Red Cross is helping displaced residents.

The man who was injured was treated for burns at North Colorado Medical Center.


The views expressed are not those of this company or its affiliated companies. Please note by clicking on "Post" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms.

blog comments powered by Disqus