Tax returns are due Monday, and the Post Offices in Colorado Springs are ready for last-minute tax filers.
Post Offices will not stay open late Monday, but late drop-offs to mail in tax returns will be available through outside collection boxes.
Drop-off tax returns must be prepaid and pre-stamped for postmarking, and must be turned in by midnight Tuesday into collection boxes at the following offices:
- Colorado Springs Briargate Station, 8585 Criterion Dr.
- Colorado Springs Cheyenne Mountain, 1540 S. 8th St.
- Colorado Springs Cimarron, 5925 E. Gallery Rd.
- Colorado Springs General Mail Facility, 3655 E. Fountain Blvd.
- Colorado Springs Templeton Station, 4356 Montebello Dr.
Post Office tax mailing tips:
- Apply the proper postage or stamps, especially if enclosing extra forms and schedules. Using a regular size Number 2 envelope, First Class postage costs 46 cents for the first ounce.
- For heavier envelopes, add extra stamps or postage amounting to 20 cents for each additional ounce.
- If you are not sure about the correct postage, it is best to add additional stamps, or take your forms to the Post Office to ensure that correct postage is applied.
- Make sure you print the proper IRS address on the front of the envelope.
- Print your return address in the upper-left-hand corner of your tax mail envelope.
- Customers who wish certification that their tax mail form was sent should send it Certified Mail.
- Customers with IRS tax questions can contact the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 or go to www.irs.gov.