Majority of Cottonwood Hot Springs saved by firefighters
Updated On: Jan 31 2013 08:17:08 PM CST
Firefighters in Buena Vista have saved most of the Cottonwood Hot Springs.
The chief of the Chaffee County Fire Protection District says firefighters were able to save most of the Cottonwood Hot Springs after fire broke out in the oldest part of the business.
Chief James Wingert says Thursday morning's fire started in a part of the business that was built in the 1930's.
Chief Wingert tells NewsChannel13 and KRDO.COM that the fire was accidental and that the fire may have been caused by a problem with the electrical wiring.
Wingert says firefighters were able to contain the fire to the area where it broke out which was used by the owner and manager as living quarters and office but that the main building and hotel were not affected.
Wingert says he suspects the business will be closed for a few days.
Chaffee County Road 306 was closed during the fire.
Copyright 2013 KRDO. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.