Colorado Springs
71° F
Scattered Clouds
Scattered Clouds

Tour group sick at Springs hotel

Published On: Sep 26 2012 10:33:00 AM CDT   Updated On: Sep 26 2012 02:09:51 PM CDT

Colorado Springs firefighters said they had a medical mystery to solve Wednesday morning after a group of elderly guests at a hotel got sick.


Two members of a tour group were taken to a hospital in Colorado Springs after complaints of being sick.

The group was with a Diamond Tour group from Washington state, and most of them are senior citizens.

They were staying at the Comfort Inn on Harrison Road near Interstate 25 and Lake Drive.

It took the group about 18 hours to get to Colorado, and more than half of them are sick with intestinal problems.

Emergency medical teams said they think it may be a viral or bacterial disease that spread on the bus.

Firefighters initially thought the guests may have suffered from carbon monoxide poisoning, but ruled that out after checking all of the guest rooms at the hotel.

Emergency crews also considered food poisoning to be a possibility, but ruled that out.

Firefighters said they notified the Centers for Disease Control because the tour group was from out of state.

Medical technicians will be conducting blood tests to determine the exact cause of the illness.


The views expressed are not those of this company or its affiliated companies. Please note by clicking on "Post" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms.

blog comments powered by Disqus