Colorado Springs
13° F
Light Snow
Light Snow
Advertisement

Colorado Springs house fire turns deadly

Published On: Dec 24 2013 06:36:42 PM CST   Updated On: Dec 11 2013 04:47:16 PM CST

Daryl McKamey / KRDO.com.

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. -

The Colorado Springs Fire Department says a man died in a house fire near I-25 and Fillmore Tuesday night (12/10/13.)

The fire at 2512 Tremont Street was reported at 5:46 p.m.

When firefighters arrived, they found a fire burning in the basement and on the first floor of the home.

Firefighters also found a man inside the home who was suffering from burns. The unidentified man was taken to a local hospital before being flown to a hospital in Denver where he died.

The cause of the fire was accidental and was due to the use of a flammable liquid to start a fire in the fireplace. The fire got out of control. This is the second fire fatality of 2013.

It is estimated that $40,800 in property was lost and an estimated $21,505 in property was saved from the fire. 

Firefighters say you should never use flammable liquids to ignite a fire within a fireplace or wood stove.

 

Comments

The views expressed are not those of this company or its affiliated companies. Please note by clicking on "Post" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Advertisement