Date: May 7, 2014
Location: Colorado Springs, CO.
Position: Bureau Photographer / Editor PUEBLO
If you are looking for an opportunity to work in a great news market in a beautiful setting, here’s your chance. Our staff covers stories that receive national attention.
KRDO-TV, the ABC affiliate in Colorado Springs, is the winner of the past 2 Regional Murrow Awards for Overall Excellence. We are seeking an aggressive, highly motivated and skilled Bureau Photographer / Editor to join our staff. Colorado Springs is just an hour away from Denver and it is very common for people to make a major market jump from KRDO-TV. Bi-Lingual a plus.
KRDO, the ABC affiliate in Southern Colorado has an immediate opening for an energetic and enterprising news photographer to shoot compelling video for fast paced news broadcasts. This position is specifically assigned to the Pueblo area, but assignments range all over Colorado. The candidate will edit entire newscasts matching video to scripts. The selected candidate must be able to work in a pressured and very competitive environment. Creative editing and live production experience required. Must be flexible in schedule -able to work weekends, nights and holidays.
|Duties and Responsibilities |
· Performs basic care and maintenance of Pueblo Bureau, cameras and cars to maximize performance. Communicates with Chief about equipment needs and methods. Holds Pueblo Bureau to same standard as Colorado Springs. Reports to management and engineering any malfunctioning equipment as soon as the problem occurs.
· Looks for and captures compelling visuals, communicating with producers and reporters to make sure that the best visuals are used in telling stories.
· Works with reporter as a team to tell each story with accuracy and maximum impact. Edits stories as assigned in professional manner.
· Looks for newsworthy people and events, listens to police scanners and monitors other news sources while traveling on duty and reports to Assignment Editor or Producer.
· Acts as reporter at local news location when no reporter is assigned. Gathers information, takes notes as necessary or insures that basic information is on tape and relayed to the newscast producer(s).
· Is knowledgeable and applies knowledge about live equipment and methods.
· Wears station-logo shirts, drives station-logo vehicles and must represent station in positive manner to viewers. This includes responsible and polite driving habits, professional appearance and professional behavior “in the field” where news is gathered.
· When issued a company cell phone there will be an expectation it will be maintained and answered, even during off hours for breaking news coverage and other emergencies. This position will always be on call for Pueblo-area and other news.
· Other duties and tasks as assigned by station managers
· Good driving record and valid Colorado driver’s license.
· Two years experience and training in news videography, editing and news.
· Evidence of leadership and self-sufficiency a plus.
Please send resumes/demo tapes to:
News Channel 13
Attn: Human Resources
399 S. 8th Street
Colorado Springs, CO. 80905
Fax (719) 575-6327
Successful candidate must pass a drug test and background check.
PLEASE, NO PHONE CALLS
News Channel 13 is an Equal Opportunity Employer