Fire in vacant house still smoldering
Updated On: Dec 09 2013 12:20:50 PM CST
A house caught fire in the 700 block of N. Union Blvd. early Wednesday (12/4/13).
The fire was still smoldering and firefighters were still on scene late Wednesday morning.
The fire burned in a home near the intersection of Union Boulevard and Monument Street, northeast of the Olympic Training Center. It was reported around 5:30 a.m.
Firefighters tell KRDO NewsChannel 13 that the flames burned through the first floor of the home. The flames had to be fought from the outside because it was too dangerous for firefighters to go inside.
No injuries have been reported.
Union Blvd. is closed between St. Vrain Street and Cache Le Poudre Street because of this fire. The roads will be closed for a while. Crews had to lay hoses across the street to access water from the Olympic Training Center.
Copyright 2013 KRDO. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.