Deputies discover hash oil operation while investigating report of man being bitten on penis by pit bull
Updated On: May 06 2014 06:02:44 PM CDT
The San Miguel County Sheriff's Office says a deputy found a potentially dangerous butane hash oil operation while responding to an unusual call.
The sheriff's office says a man who lives at the home near Telluride called 9-1-1 and reported that his pit bull bit him on his penis.
The deputy said that there was a large amount of blood in the home and that the man was taken to the hospital.
While responding to the call, the deputy said he came upon a butane hash oil manufacturing operation.
The sheriff's office says that butane bottles, several trays of suspected hash oil and other potentially hazardous materials were found.
“These marijuana oil extraction operations are extremely dangerous, hazardous to emergency responders, the occupants of the house and the neighborhood, still there is some debate by our legal advisors if the operations are in fact illegal." said Sheriff Bill Masters.
The Telluride Fire Department's Hazmat Team and sheriff's office investigators were waiting for a judge to sign a warrant before continuing their investigation.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.