Colorado Springs
63° F
Mostly Cloudy
Mostly Cloudy

Electrical problem blamed for overnight house fire

Published On: Dec 24 2013 10:28:17 AM CST   Updated On: Oct 16 2013 02:59:53 PM CDT

The Colorado Springs Fire Department


The Colorado Springs Fire Department says a house fire that displaced one person started accidentally.

The fire was reported just after 11 p.m. on the evening of October 15, 2013, at a home in the 200 block of North 23rd St.

Firefighters say the person living there smelled smoke on the second floor and called for help.

Firefighters say the fire started on the roof.

It took crews about two hours to get the fire under control because of the style of the home.  Firefighters say the Victorian home had multiple hidden spaces in the roof for fire to hide.

The cause of the fire was traced to an electrical problem. The fire has been ruled accidental.


The views expressed are not those of this company or its affiliated companies. Please note by clicking on "Post" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms.

blog comments powered by Disqus