Colorado Springs
42° F
Overcast
Overcast
Advertisement

Man accidentally fires gun, striking one person

Published On: Apr 26 2013 06:15:41 AM CDT
Updated On: Apr 26 2013 06:23:30 AM CDT

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. -

A Colorado Springs man accidentally fired his gun, striking a person in his apartment.

Police said the man was cleaning his gun at the apartment on 2400 block of Hancock Expressway when it fired at about 9:40 p.m. Thursday.

The person who was shot was taken to the hospital and is expected to recover, according to Colorado Springs police.

Investigators said there were three people inside the home at the time and all three of them had been drinking.

The man who fired the weapon was cited for prohibited use of a weapon and released.  

Advertisement