Police: Man attempting to make hash oil causes explosion
Colorado Springs police say an explosion at an apartment complex was caused by a man attempting to make hash oil with a butane torch.
The explosion happened Saturday night at the Grandview Apartments complex on E. Pikes Peak Ave.
One apartment sustained significant damage from the blast. No one in other apartments in the building were injured. The man who was trying to make hash oil suffered minor injuries.
Police are still investigating, and no arrests have been made.
CSPD, CSFD and the CSFD Arson Investigations Unit are working together on the investigation.
Copyright 2013 KRDO. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.