The Airports Council International recently released its annual world airport traffic rankings. So where is the world's busiest airport? The answer may surprise you.
20. Suvarnabhumi Airport in Thailand (52,902,110 passengers)
19. Denver International Airport (54,014,502 passengers)
18. Soekarno-Hatta International Airport in Indonesia (54,053,905 passengers)
17. Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport in China (55,201,915 passengers)
16. Singapore Changi Airport (55,449,000 passengers)
15. John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York (56,827,154 passengers)
14. Amsterdam Schiphol Airport (58,284,864 passengers)
13. Shanghai Pudong International Airport (60,053,387 passengers)
12. Frankfurt Airport in Germany (61,032,022 passengers)
11. Atatürk International Airport in Turkey (61,836,781 passengers)
10. Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport (64,072,468 passengers)
9. Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport (65,766,986 passengers)
8. Hong Kong International Airport (68,283,407 passengers)
7. Los Angeles International Airport (74,937,004 passengers)
6. London Heathrow Airport (74,989,795 passengers)
5. Tokyo International Airport (68,906,509 passengers)
4. O'Hare International Airport in Chicago (76,949,504 passengers)
3. Dubai International Airport (78,010,265 passengers)
2. Beijing Capital International Airport (89,938,628 passengers)
1. Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (101,491,106 passengers)
The views expressed are not those of this company or its affiliated companies. Please note by clicking on "Post" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms.
No email address was supplied by
To complete your registration on this site, please supply an address.
Please confirm or modify the email address to which you will have subscription offers sent.
For a more personalized experience, please supply the following optional information.